The National Capital Area Chapter of the Fulbright Association works to further the U.S. Fulbright Program mission and support current and past Fulbright recipients through:
Cultural Exchange and Immersion
- Facilitating meaningful connections between visiting Fulbrighters and American alumni
- Showcasing unique aspects of the National Capital Area's history and culture
- Leveraging partnerships with local and global institutions
Expanding Networks and Professional Development
- Offering opportunities for direct engagement with leaders in global affairs
- Coordinating opportunities to celebrate members' accomplishments and common interests
- Connecting globally-minded individuals in the DC, VA, and MD community with spirit and mission of the Fulbright Program.
WHY HAVE A NATIONAL CAPITAL AREA CHAPTER?
Forged in our shared transformational Fulbright experience, the Fulbright Association's National Capital Area Chapter (NCAC) is committed to the ideals of the Fulbright program. We seek to build upon and enhance the Fulbright international exchange experience by promoting positive, collaborative engagement and diplomacy in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia, and Maryland areas.
We organize a broad range of events throughout the year, everything from career development panels, to cultural excursions, to embassy galas. We also offer you the chance to connect directly with fellow Fulbright alumni and to continue the Fulbright mission by fostering cultural understanding at home. To learn more about joining the Fulbright Association as a member, visit Fulbright.org.
You can join our mailing list and our Facebook group to learn more about our events and initiatives, and to hear news from the greater Fulbright alumni community.